26 June 2015

Making time for God By Nathan Jukes

Do you find it hard to spend time with God? I know it’s hard, but if you really want to do something you can almost always make time for it. It is the same with spending time with God, if you really want to make time for God there’s always time. There is no excuse because there is always time for God even if sometimes we think we don’t. God is there twenty four seven for us, no matter what time of day it is he's always there for us.

I have to admit I haven’t always spent time with God, like a few years ago I didn’t spend time reading the bible very much maybe two of three times a week. Even then I didn’t spend that long reading my bible or sometimes I would just read a good Christian book, sure I was getting some Christian input thought that but I wasn’t spending Quality time with God.

Jesus answered, “It is written: “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 (NIV)

Jesus is saying that we need to read God's word. Man shall not live on bread alone. This means that we can’t live on just physical food, we need the spiritually food too that comes from reading Gods word.

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.  2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)

All Scripture is breathed out by God, this means that God is the author  of the Bible. The Bible was not actually wrote by God but, the people who wrote the Bible were being used as God tools to write it. Profitable Means beneficial or useful, so the Bible is useful to us without it our Christian walk would be a lot harder without it. Teaching is something we all need, When we go to church the preacher preaches God word to us, our youth leader explains it to us. We don’t to just need to read God’s word we need good teaching too. Reproof and correction are almost the same thing. With the reproof we see that where we are wrong, while with the correction we know what the right thing to do. And for training in righteousness, What does this mean? For us to get to heaven we need to be righteousness in God slight, we can’t get to Heaven by good work but thought God sending his son Jesus to die for us and being saved. That the man of God be competent, equipped for every good work. Competent means having the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to do something successfully.  As Christians we want to be like that, to have the skill to do God's work, It only comes thought reading God’s world daily.

Spending time with God should not be like this, At 7 o’clock pm exactly I will set my stop watch for exactly twenty minutes as soon as it is up I will shut my Bible closed and jump up and shout I’m done for today. Doing it like that is really not spending time with God, It does not matter what time of day or the time God is waiting for us to spend time with me reading his word. Have you spent time with God today?

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105


Feel free to leave a comment.